Big Smiles

Big Smiles
Sunflowers.....

Monday, January 10, 2011

1918 White Treadle Sewing Machine

Well I have been working on my 1918 White Treadle Sewing machine. Gil and I took it out of the cabinet and starting oiling and cleaning. At first it clinked when the needle went up and down but after a good oiling it sounds pretty good. It has a bit of grime as you can imagine for being almost 100 years old. I did a lot of research on the Internet and found some great websites on treadles and cleaning them. Here is a link in case you have one that you would to clean and restore.














I also was able to get a copy of the manual without paying $10.00. I called White sewing machine and they told me the year my machine was built from the serial number. They also told me that all cabinets were made in Cleavland Ohio. It is my understanding that my cabinet is rare, so I now will research who made it and how many were made. I am also including a picture of the attachments. Going to take me a while to figure all these out. I will keep you posted.










I learned to make Beaded Beads. I just love them and can't wait to make a whole bunch. I will post pictures soon












No comments:

Post a Comment