Big Smiles

Big Smiles
Sunflowers.....

Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Beginning

Why do we wait till January 1st for new beginnings. I recently read a blog and the person asked why not make the changes in August. Well let's pretend this is August.

Since it has been ages since I posted lets just start with goals this year and then I will get to posting all the things I have made.

I have been following a few art quilt bloggers and recently posted was the Sketchbook Challenge. sketchbookchallenge.blogspot.com

I think this kind of challenge will enhance my art skills and develop my artistic goals. I invite you to join me on this adventure.

The challenge is posted every month and you are to sketch the theme of the month. I am going to follow this challenge but I am going to take it a little further. I am going to draw in my sketchbook but I am also going to quilt my sketch with non conventional material.

The first month theme is "Highly Prized".....

I will post as I go along and reflect on the process.

I have been using my featherweight recently and now I want to get to my treadle. I got my treadle in Canada a few years back and it has been a great lamp table. So I am going to try to find the manual and tune it and play with it.



So here is to new Beginnings and to Quilting, Beading, Knitting and Blogging.......

No comments:

Post a Comment